Wiki Planning Page
New RASC Wiki
This wiki was set up to allow rapid publishing of pages with time-sensitive information. Eventually we'll also replace our main home page, and some other pages, with wiki pages.
RASC members with an established track record of publishing good quality, topic-appropriate information in other RASC publications, and who would like a user id enabling them to edit pages (subject to rules about acceptable content) should write to the webmaster. We have a Guide for New Wiki Users.
Progress Notes Etc
- Sandbox page (scratch area to edit, type, link, and generally make a mess while learning).
- Saunders site image gallery copied in from OAFs
- Discuss file and page naming conventions
- Discuss wiki user permissions and spam
- Discuss wiki format and style
- Discuss wiki extensions
- Discuss wiki release and integration plans
Setting Up RASC Wiki: to-do
- Set up skeltal replacement home page
Modify "what's new" code (old and new) to accept both <nowiki><a href=...></nowiki> format and wikitext links
- Modify feature article driver code to accept both <nowiki><a href=...></nowiki> format and wikitext links
- Implement sql-based "what's-new" list to replace flat file
Develop extension for rotating feature article Develop extension for automated "what's new" date and listing
- <s>Develop extension for automated meeting date display </s>
- Develop linked pages
Page introducing new Wiki-based web format Tidy up logo (white background behind the circle badge) Set up page footers Copyright Disclaimers About Privacy Set up user rights Only sysop can create new users Logged-in users can edit pages Anonymous visitors can edit talk pages Set up anti-spam measures CAPTCHA for comments (Test) Honeypot filtering Honeypot bait Spam blacklist filtering Fill out moon phases from May to end of 2009 Set up event calendar Copy and adapt OAFS calendar extension